Budget and Finance/Credit Subcommittee
Report for May 2009
- Joel T. Moffett, Chairman
- Joanna F. Marek, Vice Chairman
- Julia A. Davis-Wheeler
- Tonia B. Garcia
- McCoy Oatman
- Larry M. Greene Jr.
- Rebecca A. Miles
Enterprise Board - Joel T. Moffett, Joanna F. Marek
The Budget & Finance Subcommittee meets every first and third Wednesday
of the month at 8:30 am to 12:00 pm. (Open to Tribal members).
To set sound fiscal policy direction and provide oversight while planning for
the future growth of the tribe and its members. Strive
for and implement improvement where needed in our effort of providing
stewardship of the Tribe's financial resources.
To develop a strong organizational financial structure, complimented by improved
operating procedures to provide for strengthened financial tracking and
reporting for and to the Nez Perce people.
Description of Services
Safeguard and oversee funds of NPTEC budget, grants, contracts, gaming and
enterprise funds, tobacco and fuel tax revenue and donations made to the Nez
Perce Tribe. Conduct all tribal financial activities in strict compliance
with the Nez Perce Tribe's Finance Manual as approved by NPTEC.
Develop the NPTEC budget and Gaming Revenue Allocation budget with input from
NPTEC and programs.
Budget & Finance Subcommittee consists of NPTEC members listed previously
with Shirley McCormack as assistant to the Subcommittee.
Departments responsible to Budget & Finance Subcommittee:
Executive Direction, Finance Department, Administration, Enterprise Board,
Foundation Board and Credit Department.
- Health/Medical Group Benefits Plan with Blue Cross of Idaho effective
October 1, 2006.
- Held special B & F public meetings to gather public input on 2007 budgets
according to adopted Nez Perce Tribe Annual Budget Process on August 28 in
Orofino, August 29 in Kamiah and August 20 in Lapwai at their local tribal
- Authorized Information Systems to begin scanning and creating a database
for the Resolutions and Administrative Actions currently in the NPTEC
storage vault to current year.
- To authorize the contract with Policy Studies Incorporated to assist with
establishing funding for a Child Support Enforcement Program
- Authorize the placement of Josephy Scholarship finds into a Certificate of
Deposit for nine months with Sterling Savings Bank in Clarkston, Washington.
- Authorized the Nez Perce Tribe Hazard Mitigation Plan for meeting the
requirements of a standard state mitigation plan to make it eligible for
funding and technical assistance from State and Federal hazard mitigation
- Approved the Authorized Provider Agreement between the American Red Cross
of Greater Idaho and the Clearwater River Casino.
- To amend Resolution NP 06-188 to renew the LCSC Promotional Agreement for
- Approved the contract with Fisher Systems, Inc., for $12,049.77 to install
the security system at the Nez Perce Express.
- Approve the Express Store purchase of a 2006 Nissan Frontier from Joe Hall
in the amount of @25,843.00 based on bids received per Administrative Action
#19, August 8, 2006.
- Authorized the pay off of the promissory note in the amount of $253, 402.27
for the Nez Perce Express loan.